- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Jam butter
- 1 cup room temperature softened butter
- 3 tbs of strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour in the cream and mix with a wooden spoon until dough forms, about 30 seconds. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until it forms a smooth ball, about 30 seconds.
- Gently roll the dough with a rolling pin to about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut out 6-8 biscuits using a 2 1/2 or 3 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place prepared biscuits on baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown
- Make the jam butter
- Using a mixer or by hand, mix one stick of butter with 3 tablespoons of jam until combined.
- Optional: brush biscuits with butter and sprinkle with Maldon salt
Adapted from Sunday Suppers