- 2 lbs of clams
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup white wine (we used a dry Sauvignon Blanc)
- Lemon and parsley for garnish
- Rinse clams thoroughly and discard any that are already open.
- Sweat the garlic and onions on low heat with the butter for 5-10 minutes until they are translucent.
- Using a wooden spoon, deglaze the pan with a quarter cup of wine.
- Add the clams and cover until all clams have opened (7-8 mins)
- Discard any clams that did not open.
- Garnish with lemon and parsley. Add salt to taste.
- Enjoy with a French baguette or over a bed of pasta.