5 overripe bananas (save 1 for garnish)
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup of white miso
1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
A pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mash 4 of the bananas until chunky.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream the butter, sugar and miso at medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the milk, then the eggs 1 at a time until incorporated. Add the mashed bananas; the batter will look curdled.
- Next, add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Slice the remaining banana lengthwise and arrange the halves on top of the batter side by side.
- Bake for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool on a rack for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.